Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

At the Feeders this Morning..

This morning I see a little cowbird dining with some finches and sparrows. Blue Jays have come and gone already and a titmouse is perched atop the arch trellis. Little gray winter colored gold finches have been to the beautiful thistle feeder I was given this Christmas. We're in for some chilly weather-- just when I have finally begun to sow my seeds! Well, no matter nothing is germinated yet and I am not worried. Things will warm up as March comes along. I may wait a few more days to start many more seeds though. I am planning to start some "love lies bleeding" Amaranthus Caudatis, and some Moss Rose along with Snapdragons and other lovelies. I am looking for plants that offer some color and will take the heat and drought well. Hopefully our drought will improve and we'll have more and more rain, but just in case I want to have lots of tough stuff in Pokeberry this summer.

I am mainly using containers, due to our being renters, but I am also considering some of the planting beds that are on the property, which I think the landlord won't mind if I 'spiff them up'. I'm looking into what the costs would be for that, then I will submit a proposal to him for approval. We shall see.

Well now, here are the chickadees and as usual there is a great deal of bird song here in Charlotte! Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment