Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Succulent Gift Project Step One!

I picked up this cutesy little straw mini purse at the thrift store this morning. I'm planning to fill it with moss and create a living succulent plant arrangement on/in it. I'm not sure how I'll use/hide the palm tree. It will be for my mom-in-law who lives in Florida, so the palm is actually kind of appropriate--though I wasn't really planning on buying a decorated purse. I may remove the little palm if I can't figure out a pretty way to work around it.

The end result I am hoping will be a tiny portable succulent garden that she can hang on the door of her RV this summer as she travels about. I'll post more as this project progresses!

4 comments:

  1. Mary-
    What a cool idea...portable succulents! I like it!!! Will love seeing your finished product! Thanks for coming by my blog. I am going to place you in my link list so I can come by often and see what you are up to! I like Florida, but my dream is to live in California one day!!! The succulents are huge out there!!! LOL...it will probably never happen! I saw on your profile that you work in a library...my dream job! I always wanted to get my Masters degree and open a library for teens and young adults with a really funky vibe (juice bar, music, etc)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie-
    I'm hoping to get more supplies today, although....its freezing today! We're at 22 degrees right now. I have become such a baby. Just over a year ago I lived in Fargo ND and 22 in Feb would have been a welcome warm spell--now I'm shivering my timbers. :)
    Yes, a juice bar and music in the library... that does seem the way its going. I love my job, I'm not serving slushies yet, but just mainly dealing with books, and dvds, cds and etc.. You can't ask for a better job though. :) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary...did you ever hear anymore about how your succulent "tote" was doing once it got to it's destination??? It would be neat if we could see it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It grew nicely. However--the straw purse is not holding up so well. There are spots of mildew and the palm tree is very faded. Still mom-in-law did like it.

    ReplyDelete