Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, March 7, 2008

New View From My Window



I did a bit of rearranging with plants in pots today and spiffed up since I was washing the floor. Here is the view from my little spot in the kitchen where I look out the window as I sit writing. I can look out over some pretty plants in my kitchen to beyond the little patio where my bird bath and arch trellis and feeders are arranged prettily. I went out on the front porch to move my camellia to the steps so she could catch some rain and found she has finally begun to bloom! I couldn't bear to leave her out front anymore and now she is moved next to the bird bath so I can see all her buds as they open. They are pretty pinks. Gardenia was jealous, so although she isn't blooming right now, she came along and is also nestled in near the patio and bird bath. So now I can look outside and see all the lovely things, the birds and the flowers and just sip some tea or coffe with bliss. What I love about these photos is spring hasn't even arrived yet~oh the splendors to come!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! We sure have a lot in common...!!! Besides libraries and museums...
    I love your camilia, your tea cup, and your indoor and outside areas with your lovely plants! I just love having myself surrounded with all of the plants I love...looks like you do too!!! I used to be addicted to african violets...i may need to get some more now that i see how beautiful yours are! I kinda miss all mine... I bought a couple more plants tonight after work with colorful leaves...posting now!!!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Julie- I haven't had much luck with violets in the past I gave them too much attention. I learned they prefer to be ignored. ;)
    Anyhoo these are 2 little tiny ones that go in cups my mom and gramma gave me. They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete