Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, March 7, 2008

No Digging Today..

Nature has altered our plans. It was supposed to rain later tonite, but has decided to rain this morning. I can see the blue jays right now, flitting about in the rain, playing mainly in a little tree near my trellis and then going to the hedge--where dozens of birds hide throughout the day. The rain seems to be a nice steady even tempered rain. The hole where the pool will be is quickly becoming undiggable for the day at least--maybe for a couple days. Birds like robins are inspecting the new dirt for worms, which is fun to watch. There is no complaining about rain allowed here in Charlotte--we are thankful for every drop. As I said in my last post, I still hold a positive attitude about this drought thing, I think it will be improved soon. Of course summer could prove me wrong, but you never know--why anticipate only the worst? Can't we have pleasant expectations?

I see now a carolina wren and robin out hunting on the creeping charlie lawn and the dirt pile by the hole. The rain is lovely!
I was going to go out & snap a picture, with the neighbors forsythia & the arch trellis with the blooming jessamine--but sadly my batteries didn't charge well, so I guess I won't post one today. I did open a window a bit to hear the birds more, but its a tad chilly--so that's not working out either.

I'm studying forsythia a bit, my neighbor is going to dig his up and offered it to me--I think I may take it. I know I will take some cuttings, but I wasn't sure about the big old shrubs. This isn't our house, but it does have some landscaping that badly needs rejuvenating and I know the landlord has sunk alot into this house since he bought it, so I doubt he has plans to do that, I may just see what I can do myself. Afterall we are living here, so long as its not a big expense I see no reason not to pretty things up for both of us. He has given me gardening permission--and I do have that 'good eye' and 'green thumbs' and semi-frugal mindset that could kick this place up a notch--and enjoy the process. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment