Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Out My Window, Saturday Morning in March


Well I see a goldfinch at the thistle feeder with yellow feathers! A sure sign of spring. They look so sad in winter when their feathers are all grayish. Here's another one in the little tree now, with lots of yellow too. :)

We're expecting rain, hopefully lots of rain. Hubby was up early to go get a drain pipe that he plans to somehow attach to the gutter and use to divert rainwater into the new swimming pool. The pool stands empty next to the hedge. This morning I saw my neighbor peering at it from his garden, I suppose he's wondering if we'll be filling it illegally with tap water--nope.

Funny how we folks always like to know what other folks are up to. So nosey of us! Well, I'd be nosey if there were some new contraption on his side of the fence too. I admit it.

I'm planning to leave soon and go visit a freind, she is a fellow gardener and library employee and she owns that most prized of possessions to gardeners--a pick up truck. ~smile~ That's just icing on the cake when it comes to making freinds. My mom used to say "its just as easy to fall in love with a rich man." Well-- I never listened to that,but I have noticed that it can be beneficial to have a buddy with a truck. LOL.

We may be picking up some mulch today.. we shall see. Otherwise there's a great sale on ceramic pots at Gardenridge today-- 4 nice pots for $19.99... hmmmmmmmmm

Well now, here's Bubba, my little bird friend, he's hopped down from his cage top to see what I'm doing. Sweet Pea is still atop the cage preening himself.
Out my window it is overcast, 50 degrees and yet there are splashes of yellow as the gold finches flitter about in the garden. Ya gotta love Carolina!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie- yes, Bubba is sweet. Funny, cuz Sweetpea is kind of a stinker. ;)

    ReplyDelete