Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Out the window--rather on the patio.. Easter 08

Well my family up north just had another foot and half of snow. I guess technically March snow is 'snirt'. But anyhow--here in the sunny state of North Carolina we are dealing with a frigid 58 degrees--oh my. :) I think I may need my almost winter sweater. (I'm so mean!)

I'm pondering spring planting. I have some snapdragons coming up in a pot outside and some calendula and I think my first moss rose sprout. I also have some poppy babies coming up. I'm enjoying sitting outside with my laptop on this lovely sunny Easter Sunday, hubby has been working on his toy camaro and its just a very pleasant day. A little bit on the cool side, but we are going to take a nice walk in a short while.

I saw a very chubby robin this morning, heavily 'with egg'. Spring fever seems to have hit the birds --inside and out. Bubba, my mustache parakeet (small parrot) is trying to make Sweet Pea, my quaker parakeet (slightly smaller parrot) into a wife. Sweet Pea is not pleased. He doesn't think Bubba is at all his type. Anyhow I bought some extra parrot treats hopefully to distract Bubba from his seasonal love quest, and hubby brought our extra cage back in the house in case Sweet Pea needs a place to retreat too. We've been through this with Bubba before, it passes. He just gets a bit too romantic for a while then he goes back to his normal weird little parrot self.

I picked up a little vermiculite and perlite and plan to do some shrub cuttings soon as well as more seed sowing. Meanwhile, enjoying the birds very much and leaving soon for a nice walk with hubby.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely Easter morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was, thank you Julie--hope yours was as well.

    ReplyDelete