Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Portable Purse Succulent Garden Progress..


Yesterday I removed the little fabric lining from the little straw purse and sealed it with Thompson's Water Seal. I've never seen any directions to do this, but I think it will give the little purse just a bit more longevity, seems reasonable. I hung it outside to dry well and hope to begin to plant it today. I've already pinched off lots of cuttings from my succculent collection so they can 'heal' a bit before I plant them into the purse. I am thinking I may plant my succulent garden INSIDE the little purse and not mainly on the outside of it, that way it won't hide the cute little palm tree. I'm hoping this little purse will be all planted up and ready to mail on time for my mom-in-law's birthday which is in about 10 days. I'll be mailing it priority and I think it will do fine going from North Carolina to florida in just a few days. I doubt it will meet up with any deep freezes enroute. :)

7 comments:

  1. Great idea but what about the rain, mold, etc? Would you give me permission to use the photo and the directions on my website on the Crafts Page with credit/link to Pokeberry of course. Also thank for the Cicero quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-- yes of course you can use this with a link back--no problem! As for rain and all that--well I think the water seal will help some, but I don't expect this project to last more than a couple/few years at best--in the meantime it will be pretty I think. When the purse has come to the end of its little life the plants can of course be removed to another garden. If it even lasts one season it will still be nice little gift won't it? Most floral arrangements have a short shelf life, so no biggie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, thank you. It will be up and running within two weeks on the crafts page. (Clicking on robin will show it to you.} If you have any recommendations for craft kits or craft supplies, I'd love to have them. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin--you might want to wait til I finish planting it--I'm doing it in steps.. wasn't in a hurry exactly. Anyhow it should be all planted by the end of this upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops. Published it this morning with your thumbnail image and direction on the crafts page. But I will delete it when the next set of thumbnails is ready and thank you. (I usually publish LATE Sunday night late or early Monday and then get out with Big Dog before he eats the furniture.) And Hi, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny..
    Love your dog--I looked at your site. We used to have german shepherds when we lived in Wisconsin. Now we just have the birds. mary

    ReplyDelete