Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Stress buster-- Killing Fire Ants for Fun and Relaxation

Well its been a stressy week, but today its nice and sunny and I have just been outside moving my compost bins--I have two now and hubby doesn't like them near the patio. One is cooking! So nice. Our yard is full of ant hills, I'm having my sons clean out a bed full of broken bricks and cement today-- but it also has ants. I've just been bitten on my hand, a couple times. I just hate fire ants! They are the one creature on earth I totally allow myself to hate, despise and plot against.

I've had a big bag of fire granules sitting in wait all winter for a nice sunny day to begin murdering ants in mass amounts. Today's the happy day!

Its been a sort of stressful week--especially wednsday. I went in for an ultrasound to see if my gallbladder was the cause of some symptoms and found out rather unexpectedly that I have a tumor on my liver. However--I'm not to worry--it apparently is not supposed to be serious--although I won't be able to talk to my dr about that til sometime next week. Ok.. That evening I had even more fun as I was rear-ended on my way home from work, about 9:30 at night, on a wet highway on ramp, in traffic, by a young lady with a cell phone stuck in her ear. Sigh...

Well any how its probably more dangerous to get out of your car in the dark on a wet on-ramp than to just be rear ended. No major damage thankfully, buy my back is a bit stiff. There were other stressy things this week, but we'll just let those go unmentioned.

So for me, a great way to beat stress is plotting the demise of fire ants.As I said I hate them. I love to think of ways to do them in, set them on fire in the driveway cracks? Pour boiling water on them--very satisfying, bleach.... or just pi-zon.

Try it sometime--you will see. Its a great way to feel as if you've done some good in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your health news...hopefully it will be nothing and life will go on just as it is, minus the symptoms you were having! I have to tell you, your post cracked me up about the fire ants! I guess we all have our creature of choice that we want to torture to a slow (I mean fast) death! Mine is the cockroach!!!
    Feel better, and have a Happy Easter Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes... the 'palmetto bug' I prefer to squash them as swiftly as possible. Then I do a bit of a shuddering 'ee-u' dance. Gross!!

    ReplyDelete