Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Out My Open Window! April 2nd

I woke up to a nice 60 degrees!Its been chilly so long, I don't remember when it was this warm early in the morning. I have my window to the garden open so I can hear the birds singing--and it is as usual here in Charlotte a fabulous morning concert. Actually there are bird concerts throughout the day and evening in Charlotte pretty much year yound--spring being exceptional only in the level of intensity. It never stops amazing me that you can live in a big city and have so much nature all about you. The flowering trees now are fabulous along all the streets--the highway I take to work is gorgeous in early morning light. At the moment I see my dogwood tree blooms are bigger than ever, they are creamy white with rose/burgundy accents but from a distance they simply look like a pale peach. There are robins hopping about the yard and I can hear easily a hundred birds singing in the trees and hedges nearby. I've seen little finches and sparrows at the party feeder, the light is still a bit dim so I am not seeing all the birds I'm sure, but I can hear them! Fabulous! Spring should always be spent in Charlotte. I remember the sweet smell of prairie in spring in North Dakota and the excitement of spring in Wisconsin--but here--wow-- I can't think of any wildlife refuge that has more birdsong than the city of Charlotte.

1 comment:

  1. Well the durn weather report says it isn't likely to get much warmer today than it already is--in fact--its now cooler than it was an hour ago. :( pouting

    ReplyDelete