Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Orange And Plum Teriyaki Sauces! Semi-Homemade

Last week I mixed some bottled Teriyaki Sauce with Orange Juice Concentrate and used it to marinate chicken for the grill. I then used the leftover sauce to baste the chicken. It was DELICIOUS!

Today I am doing another experiment. I'm adding a couple jars of plum baby food to some bottled teriyaki BBBQ sause.

When I use Grocery Game I often get incredible deals on bottled name brand dressings, marinades and sauces. Teriyaki and Barbecue Sauces are favorites in our house, but I love the flavor of the fruity asian sauces. I had some baby food that I bought using the Grocery Game a couple months ago--it was very inexpensive. Well-- the thing is recipes for plum sauce usually call for taking plums and pureeing them--well isn't that exactly what jarred baby food is?? pureed food?

Anyhow I have a little stock of baby food on hand and its great to throw in a sauce or a quick bread. Buying these things at the rock bottom prices I get using Grocery Game makes the semi-frugal and I love the ease of doing something semi-scratch cooking with them as well.

Yesterday I thawed a couple of whole fryer chickens I got recently for 49 cents a pound. Today I am going to split them in half butterfly style and marinate them with the Plum Teriyaki BBQ sauce I'm making with the baby food. I then will let my hubby grill them when he comes home since I work tonite. No matter--cuz I'll get mine tomorrow and it will still be good!

Well--I'm off to freshen the bird bath water cuz I see a mommy cardinal peering at it in wonderment. The robins and cat birds have left it quite dirty this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment