Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Out My Window--Cardinal Baby

Yesterday I got to watch a Momma Cardinal feeding her plump little lump of a baby in Pokeberry Garden. He seemed to do just about nothing for himself until Pappa Bird suddenly appeared and started giving him a hard time. The Daddy Cardinal would poke at him with his beak until finally he stood up a bit straighter, and then took off and did a bit of flying. Sometimes it seems it takes some strong prodding to get nestlings to straighten up and fly right. This goes for human nestlings as well as birds.

This morning its overcast and damp out, mid 60s at the moment. I've got more to do than I can even think about, I'm so behind on things since I got sick, and I'm still coughing. Ah well..

Anyhoo-- the birds have been coming and going all morning as well chipmunks and squirrels. Pokeberry is abloom and a flutter this lovely spring morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment