Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Out My Window, Monday in May

Well, I am trying to coffee myself into going to work this morning. I spent much of my weekend just plain sick. I had a cold that didn't just go away and ended up getting some antibiotics--which for some reason it seems I got even worse after I started taking them. :(

Ah well. Mother's Day the kids that live here were sick and hubby too--though I think I was probably the worst. I woke to a double sink full of dishes! LOL.

Sigh..

Anyhow I am looking out the window at my Mom's day gifts-- one is a new thistle feeder that looks kind of like a jelly fish or something. I had a lovely wooden feeder that was given to me at Christmas but sadly it didn't last through the winter. This one has a plastic protective dome on top that is partly clear--thus looking like that sort of blobby thing you find on beaches in florida-- the jelly fish. Under neat it has two sock style finch feeders which are long and squiggly so they look sort of like jelly fish tentacles-- or maybe its some sort of 'mother ship'. I dunno... but the finches like it and that is what matters. ;)

I also have two very pretty hanging baskets of bright pink geraniums that will take the summer well. I love geraniums for that! They just don't give up.

I've hung up 5 little hummingbird feeders too in the garden behind the carport/patio. It looks like a birdy wonderland, and it is.

Back in the veggie garden my tomatos have nice wooden stakes standing behind them and are growing nicely. I've used a bit of sevin dust on the peppers, eggplant and beans--I applied it with an old flour sifter--worked great! The plants were being attacked by something in bug land--I don't know what it was--but I think the sevin will get it. I was not feeling well the past couple weeks so I didn't have time to really 'study' what bug it was, I just decided to dose it--not my usual style--but sometimes one must simply get it done.

I am concerned about the nests just south of my driveway along the fence in the shrubs. I know that a pair of brown thrashers are nesting there and a pair of cardinals. This morning I chased a kitty away that I saw sitting very near their shrubs-I hope the deed has not been done--and that the nests will survive, but there are truly an awful lot of kittys around here and hawks as well. On the bright side--there are far more song birds than anything else.

Well it is a nice blue sky, cool morning in Charlotte-- beautiful spring day coming again! Birds singing all around --as usual. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi - Thanks for leaving comments on my site and thanks for highlighting my blog on your site! (I couldn't find an email address to you so I think this is the only way I have to communicate!) I like your blog too. All the best, rebmoti

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I think your blog is kind of interesting, unusual. I like that~ Mary
    email is mlt@jsteng.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! I think your blog is kind of interesting, unusual. I like that~ Mary
    email is mlt@jsteng.com

    ReplyDelete