Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stuff On The Curb -Extra Cupboard

I've been trying to figure out what to do with some things--I need a little more counter space and a little more cupboard space in my kitchen. I have some small appliances I like to use frequently-- and I'm constantly having to dig around for them. I was out taking a walk on trash day a couple weeks ago and spotted a large kitchen cupboard unit with several shelves and doors. Its not pretty, but I did go ahead and have one of my sons haul it home for me. Its been out on the carport/patio now waiting for me to decide where to put it.

I have a wall space--but this being a rented house I really don't want to mount it. I decided finally to clean it up and put it on the floor against this wall and I think it will have enough storage in it to declutter my pantry and hopefully get rid of the rest of whatever is still not put away in my bedroom.

I obtained another freebie last week at work. We were cleaning out a storage area and there was one of those stacking bin things on wheels that was no longer needed. Into my trunk it went. It has 3 bins, it collapses if needed and can be put in a small space and used to hold things like potatos or onions or ??? Perhaps I will put it right next to the cupboard.

Now these are really 'temporary' things--they aren't very pretty. But I do think organized is the first thing, pretty comes later. Since I still have an organization problem here, that is what I need to address.

I am trying to avoid spending money as much as possible. Sometimes that means looking at things that will 'do' and choosing them over things that would be nicer.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love to find free stuff I can use! I agree organization comes first...you can always find an inexpensive way to make it look better, if you want to! Have you ever looked up FREECYCLE.ORG ??? Hopefully they have it in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind about Freecycle...i see you have it listed in your Labels!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I've known about that for years. :)

    ReplyDelete