Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Canning Frustratoin

Ha! I mistyped and accidentally posted this without any text! Anyhow --I was having a bit of a vent. I cannot find my canning gadgets! I had rings and lids and the gadget to lift the jars and other gadgets--including the one to tighten lids, and all that sort of thing. I cannot find it! I am thinking--maybe-- I 'dejunked it' on our last move. Panic.

Well--I checked at Walmart and the local Ace Hardware--and Walmart has my gadgets for too much $, but Ace has it for Twice as much too much money. I checked a thrift store and didn't get lucky. ARGH!

I have so mannnnnnnny tomatos on the way! I guess I will do the job w/o my gadgets. I just can't see spending exorbitant amounts of $ to can food. Canning is supposed to save you money! Dontcha think?

Frustrating.

Well-- there are ways of doing things w/o the proper gadgets--not as easy, but doable.

3 comments:

  1. Oh--well you HAVE to have the rings and lids--but you can lift the jars w/o the jar lifter if you are careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frustrating! I hope it works out for you.
    TX Poppet at Canned Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it the veggies are always on the verge of ripe just before you go on vacation?

    ReplyDelete