Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

How Many Times Should You Fix Your Car??

Ah well.. semi frugal or not, sometimes I wish hubby 'wouldn't' fix a car. We have between he and I three vehicles. The kids who live here also use them. I have an 11 yr old 100,000+ car that drives pretty darn good and has some aging luxury gadgets--which sometimes work. He has an old jeep that I managed to dent pretty good when we were having all our money trouble and had to let our car ins. go for a short time--yup, that's when I had my fender bender. Anyhow its got over 200,000 miles on it and I think should be put to pasture--but no-- now he's fixing the transmission on it, as well as the clutch on his other vehicle-- an old camarro that I think is his '2nd childhool mobile'. So at the moment, only one car works.

I am grateful that hubby has skills and tools. Between us we're a good pair. I can make a house comfy and put food on the table fairly cheaply, he can keep ugly cars going--apparentlly forever. (but must we park them out front?)

In any case, here in Pokeberry there are no car payments. We learned it is better to really own your car--even if its ugleee.

No comments:

Post a Comment