Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, June 16, 2008

In Pokeberry Garden

Sunday was a busy day for me. Hubby and I had a nice long walk together and then had breakfast on our carport patio. I did my sprinkling on the front lawn and watered my gardens and filled my big bird feeder. We rearranged our hoses so they will be more orderly and not have to be moved when we mow. He and I spent some time just visiting in the pool and watching the baby thrashers try to find their own bugs and chase their momma about the yard and the neighbor's yard trying to get her to feed them too!

I picked my first straight neck and crook neck yellow squashes and a little of the japanese eggplant. There are now small beans growing--so soon there will be beans for feasting on. The tomatoes are still not red, but are getting a lighter shade of yellow each day. I moved several of the caladiums out of my starter containers and into various pots where they are adding needed color with other plants. I also took some of my seed grown moss roses out of the tub they were in and planted them in hot sunny spots. Another thing I quickly did is to tuck some succulents in the planter beneath the arch trellis on the sunny side. So far most of the plants I've put in that container have fried in the afternoon sun so this time I chose some plants that I think can take it. The carport patio is looking nicer and nicer! I love it! We spend part of every day in the pool or sitting under our patio roof and just enjoying the birds and flowers and trees. :) The best thing is that we never go outside without hearing birds singing here in Pokeberry, in Charlotte NC. Never.

4 comments:

  1. Your world sounds so lovely! Hurray for all your homegrown vegies! I only have tomatoes and wax beans planted this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I had to be 'talked into' planting veggies this year by my neighbor. Now I only wish I'd planted more! I think I will try to find time to start more for later in the season when these are petering out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking into ways to grow more in small places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, me too. I have some pots left to plant and I may have a large galvanized tub soon that I could make a salad garden on the patio perhaps? but its a bit hot to grow salad now--maybe mesclun..
    But I picked up some smaller sweet pepper plants yesterday--not bells. i don't seem to have luck with bells in the south so far. I also got pole bean seeds--those are what you need to train on fences or such like. Kentucky wonder is a good one.

    ReplyDelete