Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Look at all the Sodium in This!!

Woah! I'm trying to stay within my Doctors target range for sodium. She said 2000 mg is 'ideal' but at least don't go over 4000mg.

Well-- I was thinking of table salt. I use Sea Salt mainly or Kosher--My sea salt contains 560mg per serving--or 1/4 teaspoon. I thought--ok--that's no biggie. BUT I am finding out that there is a great deal of sodium in anything that is canned or frozen. I happened to look at a bag of frozen chicken leg quarters and found there are nearly 800mg in each of those. Breasts I think have about 5-600mg.

This is not going to be so easy. I really had not looked at this so seriously in the past, but now that I am-- I'm almost afraid to eat!

There's more to going low sodium than picking up some Mrs. Dash seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment