Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nursery School for Thrashers

Pokeberry Garden has become a sort of nursery school for the two brown thrasher fledglings that hatched from a nest in a shrub near my driveway. When the babies first left the nest they spent much of their time hiding under tall holly hedge, behind some pots of pampas grass, near my compost bins and veggie garden. Slowly they began to venture into the veggie garden and often I could see them thrashing the grass near the compost bins too. Now they have gained a bit in confidence and I see them come all the way to the garden near the carport/patio. :) This morning they were hunting and thrashing on the open lawn near the arch trellis with a watching parent perched atop the trellis. I do see that one baby still thinks it ought to be fed, and tried in vain to get its sibling to comply with that desire. Now I can see one of the babies resting in one of my trough pots beneath the trellis, the other is climbing about in the succulent pots on the trellis bench. Pokeberry has become a lovely little thrasher baby playground in the morning light, what a lovely playground! Surrounded by Rose of Sharon blooms and all the other birds at their feeders, my favorite fledglings have truly found a home. ~smile~

No comments:

Post a Comment