Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Recipe" for yummy homemade tropical coolers

I don't really have a formal recipe--this is 'guideline' Good Tropical coolers may or may not have alcohol in them. Mine will sometimes have wine for the alcohol--not too much though--I like wine--but it tends to make one warmer, especially a lady in my age group--its also not the best thing for blood pressure.

What do I like in my cooler? Well as a transplanted southerner I like sweet tea--generally I use instant ice tea as a easy base. I add a tablespoon +/- of instant tea to a tall plastic glass-- plastic so I can have it by the pool.
Then I put in a handful or two of icecubes. Then add some water--not much--a cup or so.

After-- I use what I have on hand.
Some ingredients I've tried that were darn good:

frozen italian ice cups--thaw a little bit then dump in your drink.( I actuallly bought a bunch of these at Aldi one day!)

Broken popsicles

leftover fruit salad--like the kind you make with watermelon

fruit juice frozen puree--like oj, grape, and apple juice.

mix it all up and except that it doesn't have an umbrella its a great summer drink for settin' on the porch or by the pool under your carport~patio.

**ALSO: Any fruit your neighbor may have inadvertently given you 11 pounds of over the fence on evening----when pureed in the blender and frozen in ice cube trays--will be a nice addition. ;) Say maybe 'peaches'.

enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea...I saw some old popsicles in the freezer from last year...still in the wrappers...will mix something up now!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete