Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Wallet Size Price Book


I've been keeping a very extensive price book using my works spreadsheet program. I finally began to see it was useful--but only at home. I really would rather have a smaller more portable pricebook. I'm switching back to using a pen and paper!

For my little pricebook I decided not to run out and buy a new notebook. I wanted something that would fit nicely in my wallet--like my check book does.

Checkbook! yes!

My new pricbook does not have all the details my old one had, just mainly prices at the discount & big box stores, that way I have something to compare quickly when I find a possible good sale someplace else. The question--

Is this cheaper than Aldi?
Is this less than at Sam's Club?

I used some notebook paper and recycled the cardboard from an envelope box to create a little checkbook sized price book assembled just like a checkbook too. A paper cutter and stapler came in handy as well.

The new little book is perfect! I am considering making another one of these for non-food prices--like who has best gas price? or carwash (we are not allowed to wash our cars at home in Charlotte due to water restrictions--so my car is usually dirty, occassionally it visits a car wash.) I could keep sizes/ usual prices for clothing, pool chlorine, motor oil (yes we do our own oil changes) charcoal and such like.

I have a wallet I like that I picked up in nearly new condition at a thrift store about 5 years ago. It has roomy compartments and I think I could fit 2 of these quite nicely in the back section. My checkbook and most used shopping cards, license & debit card go in the front. note-- I don't have/use credit cards--only a debit, and other than change--like my quarter for a shopping cart at Aldi-- I rarely carry cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment