Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Floor Washing as a Stress Buster

I'm dealing with some very stressy/painful things lately. I think the best relief I've found is --pray some, cry some, and then determine to do something useful. For me today it was good old fashioned hands and knees floor washing. I did our master bath and my kitchen/ mudroom floors with pinesol on my knees. I also took a moment to wash the ironing board cover and put our work clothes in the wash and hung them out to dry per usual. I often work on Saturday, so Sunday is usually when I do work clothes. Anyhow-- all that working-- helps. My hubby too. He took our parrots cage outside and powerwashed it and is now doing something or other in the garage. Work I think is a blessing sometimes. We don't have to 'talk about' problems so much, we know what they are, but we can just work and love each other more when we watch each other bearing up over the years and not giving up. :) I think, scrubbing a big kitchen floor is better than therapy--and you get a clean floor too.

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever make fresh bread??? It is great to punch and knead the dough, to relieve stress. You can even yell at it!!! LOL. The person that taught me how to make bread also taught me that! It has come in handy over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--not so much as I used to, as we don't need to be eating so much of it. But --true that is another one of those wonderful chores that helps release stress. Weeding a garden is one as well. Taking walks, mowing the lawn (though I usually delegate that one) All good solid work. My mom in law used to tell me that she could tell if I was fighting depression or something because I would paint a room. ;) Changing colors to change my thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete