Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Green Bags Thumbs Down

Well I put a few not quite ripe fresh peaches in a green bag Thursday. It is Sunday and they are molding!! Ok--that's enough. These are not worth the money in my opinion. The only produce I thought did ok in them was a bell pepper in the fridge--and I can get just as good results with a paper lunch bag. So-- my Official Pokeberry Opinion on Green Bags is Don't waste your hard earned bucks.

Overall-- some things did well, some did not--it appears you must perhaps have some very optimal condition--just the right stage of ripeness perhaps? In order for the green bags to work. Also the 'look of freshness' can mask a lack of fresh taste.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry--I should have put the link in. They've been advertised on TV lately. Greenbags.com
    its a plastic type bag that is supposed to keep fruits and veggies fresh for much longer than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like just another "frugal" thing to spend money on. You'll see an increasing appeal by advertisers to frugality because of the state of the economy. But one of my thumbnail rules is, if it means buying something you wouldn't have thought you needed before, it ain't frugality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree. I bought them with my tomato money--my co-workers wanted to pay for some of the produce I gave them. Anyhow I was thinking- 'if' it did work--that would be nice cuz the garden kicked in so hugely between our vacation time and when we had company. I wish you could tell a garden to 'slow down' for a spell. ;)

    ReplyDelete