Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Green Bags Update

Its been a few days since I started using Green Bags, I thought I'd post a quick update on how they are working out. One item that didn't work out so well was bananas. I'll talk about that first. I don't know if I can 'blame' the green bags for this because my bananas were from Aldi and they started out life in a clear plastic bag and I think--maybe the ripening process in these bananas wasn't quite normal to start with. What I found was that when I put the Aldi bananas in the green bag they were just not getting ripe hardly at all. Hubby finally took them out and then they got brown overnight. They are still useable, but for cooking probably.

Other items I've had in green bags now that are working ok are: tomatoes--doing very well; jalapenos--doing great; eggplant--doing great; yellow crook neck squash-not doing as well; red bell pepper--I'm very impressed with the freshness of this item.

So far I guess my results are mixed--I am thinking the bags are better than some storage methods for some items. I'll post more later as I use these more.

1 comment:

  1. the green bags appear to do a good job with peppers--if they are at height of freshness, stored dry in fridge. Also-- leafy fresh herbs--such as cilantro last a little longer stored in green bags.

    ReplyDelete