Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The New Debbie meyer (as seen on tv) Green Bags

Some of my co-workers insisted on paying me for the veggies I brought to work to share. I took my little eggplant/tomato money and bought a package of those new Green Bags. They are supposed to be re-usable a few times and to make fruits and veggies last much longer than regular fresh storage.

Well--I will find out. I have been putting a few things in them already as it seems my garden is producing faster than we are consuming and it being a busy time of year I'm not set up to spend days and days canning right now. Tomorrow my in-laws are coming to visit a for several days and I think if anything is ripe and doesn't get eaten this weekend it will live in a green bag awhile until I can figure out what to do with it. I think I wlll be able to give them a good testing.

I like to try innovative new products now and then. I have a set of the Rubbermaid clear plastic containers with the black rubber lids. These are pretty good. My only complaint with them so far is that if I store chopped onions in a container it tends to 'stink up' my dishwasher later on. Probably I will just use small mason jars for chopped onions in the future. Otherwise the rubbermaid containers have been a hit.

The new steaming zip top bags by ziplock or glad are not too bad. I personally prefer using my old fashioned bamboo steamer, but my family likes the steam bags. My daughter in particular likes to mix Mrs. Dash spices & Olive oil with fresh green beans in a steaming bag. My son likes them for steaming potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Sometimes these new products are good to have on hand.

The Debbie Meyer Green Bags are, I think--way over-priced. If however they are what they claim to be--they may be worth the investment. We shall see. I'll post how things turn out in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment