Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Nifty Little Online Budgeting Tool..

In my web browsing yesterday I visited I've Paid For This Twice's blog and read about a little online budget tool she uses to keep her budget on track. Its sounded like something I might be able to make use of, so I went to PearBudget.com and checked out the free trial. I spent just a few minutes entering in our paychecks and some of our recent bills and expenses and basically filling in the blanks. I then reviewed the information and found I was a little 'off' in some areas, had not budgeted correctly for some of our utilities and had budgeted more than I actually spend on groceries.

The program was very easy to use and even someone who is not very pc savvy like myself could figure out how to use it very quickly. I could tell within a few minutes that this service at $3.00 a month was probably well worthwhile. I think in the long run I will be able to use it see to it we are 'on budget' and hopefully to eventually shrink our outcome and increase our savings and investments.

I decided to go ahead and get a paid membership. There was a small glitch when I finished filling out my payment info but I emailed and they replied by the time we were done with dinner --about 30 minutes later-- and all is well. I am going to give t his program an optimistic thumbs up--and I think I will be glad I signed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment