Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Out My Window

Looking out this morning I see a rufous towhee and several doves walking about near the bird bath and arch trellis. The sun is shining on parts of the garden, parts are a little shaded by various shrubs. The rose of sharon behind the holly hedge is pretty in pink today. Tomorrow I'm picking everything that is ripe so I can either can or freeze it as quickly as possible before we take off on our litle trip. I also need to do a good watering tomorrow and bring some pots under the roof of the patio so they won't fry in the sun while I'm gone. The kids likely at least some of them, will be here while we are gone and say they will water--but I figure they may not be as careful as I am, so I am taking precautions.

Pokeberry looks so quiet and peaceful this morning. I have to leave for work though, wish I were able to just live in Pokeberry all the time. :) It is not so stressy as some things are in life. Well now I see the little dogweed by my feeder is filling up wiht finches and sparrows and other birds they like to go from it to the feeder and bath and back again. I found time this morning to water out in the front yard and picked a gardenia and a rose which I have sitting near me in a crystal sugar bowl. They smell so lovely! Hubby will water the back for me as he has a vacation day today, He just took care of some dishes and fed our parrots too--what a gem!

Well, one last cup of coffee and bit of window gazing and away I go to the library to put in my 8 hours. :)

3 comments:

  1. I hope your day at the library was fun!!! I'm jealous...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, it really is the best job I've ever had I think-- not that difficult and always something interesting to bring home--free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary- Have a great trip! I am up into Georgia tonight on our mini vacation! It was sunny and beautiful the whole way here, and now it is getting stormy out. My Mom is taking care of my plants and doggy while we are gone...hope your kids will come through for ya! LOL...I'm sure they will!!! See ya

    ReplyDelete