Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Triple Coupons at Harris Teeter!

I had an unscheduled grocery trip this morning. I went to Harris Teeter with my coupons and spent $40.83. Between using my store card and coupons I saved $72.73 off what Harris Teeter's normal prices would be. How that works is I shopped sales w/coupons, they tripled the face value of every coupon I had that was under 99cents. So--- my 35 cent coupons were worth $1.05, my 50 cent coupons were $1.50 and my 75 cent coupons were $2.25. Because of this some of the items I got were Free--including 2 32.5 oz bottles of Windex! Yeah! I've tried making my own window cleaners but all things being 'free' I'd rather use 'Windex'besides its alot less work--most of the homemade recipes require alot of elbow work to get the glass dry and non-spotty.

I had planned to pick out (pick whatever's ripe at the moment) my tomatoes yet again and do some canning this morning--but when I found out HT was tripling coupons I altered that plan a bit. I used my Grocery Game 'early' list which they put out when Harris Teeter triples so I will know what deals are there. Kudos to them!

My pantry is doing very well. I have learned to cook around what I have on hand and what is in the garden and what is on sale. With Grocery Game's help I also have been stock piling--to a point-- what hubby and I and the 3 adult kids will need over the next months, like soap, and deoderant and shampoo, haircolor (for a gray old lady--don't know who that is), toothpaste (often free, dish soap, cleaners.... etc. Every thing I put in my fancy 'cardboard' underbed storage devices was bought at rock bottom prices. Makes me feel good.

Sometimes I have gotten off the Grocery Game wagon--and I did write about that once,or maybe twice? but I seem to come back after I shop around and see that I really am not doing better without it-- and I miss Harris Teeter so much for its nice staff and clean store. (that is something to value)

Anyhow this was a good day for me at HT and I'm not working tomorrow so I can still can my 'maters. I did get them picked, another 21pounds added to my tally. Just think if I had a big garden--wow, even at the lowest price I could have paid I think I've harvested at least $8o in tomatoes so far this summer--and I can pick almost to Thanksgiving in our zone--if I protect my plants a little. Makes me think of that question I was asked once--why garden? And another one--why cut coupons? Hmmm.... dunno. ~grin~

No comments:

Post a Comment