Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Using Coupons-- Creative Cooking

One thing that used to bother me about using coupons to grocery shop was that I would find good deals on products I wasn't used to buying. I'd think--well what is that stuff? Is it worth buying for us?

Well-- I have learned that some things aren't worth buying--but there are still plenty of good deals that are.

Here's just a couple quick ideas I came up with when faced with using 'new products'.

1. Got some name brand 'italian ice cups' at what amounted to about 13 cents a piece. I bought a variety of 'sugar free w/splenda' and some tropical flavored--mango & pina colada. These can be added to yogurt & fruit for yummy smoothies or added to fruit & ice tea with or without some wine-- for coolers. Or you can just eat them as is--but we've found we like them best as coolers.

2. Check out the Product Websites! Ask the folks who make it! Almost every item I've bought with coupons is featured on some website. When I'm looking for a good idea for a meal or snack or side dish I sometimes just pull something out of the pantry and check online to see if the company has a website. Yup--they usually do-- and Yup they usually also have recipes. Today I found a nifty dessert recipe that used some 'unusual' cereal that I was able to get free using coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment