Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Wonderful Bit of Family News

I didn't post about this up to now, I always worry a little bit about how much personal stuff I want to share on the internet. Anyhow though--this is pretty big.

My oldest son who lives on the opposite side of the country from me got married Wednsdsay evening at a little chapel in Idaho. :) This will sound odd--but I have not met his new wife. Circumstances being what they have been in our family we have only seen our son about once a year the past 5 years or so. The marriage was a tad rushy, as yes-- she is expecting. I need to adust my little baby thing on the blog as her due date is Jan. 3, I may be slightly off.

Anyhow I am very happy for Scott and Nicole. I won't be posting the lovely photos they have sent me here, but I will say she's a beautiful bride and a frugal gal who wants to be a good wife and mommy and what more could a Mom-in-law want?

We are thrilled to be expecting our first grandbaby and welcoming our new daughter. Prior to this I called her 'daughter in love' as they hadn't yet been legally married. I'll probably keep that name for her--I like it.

Scott loves her, she loves him, that will be one lucky baby.

Now we need to pray its a boy, cuz then it will be named after its daddy and grampa. If its a girl I'm afraid he may name it Brett Farve. Poor little thing!

Anyhow Congratulations Scott & Nicole! Nicole--WELCOME to our family!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's wonderful news. May they (and you) be blessed with life, health, happiness and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, My prayer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful, Mary! I am happy for them! You will soon get to meet her and new baby, I'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We may not until baby comes--not sure yet. But it is ok. My friend at work is from Czechoslavakia and she says her husband didn't meet her parents until they had their 2nd child. And I know your grandchild is going to be born in Germany--so I will not think too sadly about Idaho. ;)

    ReplyDelete