Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Fire Ants in the House Update

The bait traps I used really did the job. I am amazed. By the middle of the next day it was noticeable that less ants were coming in to the living room. By evening there was not one ant moving in the living room. These traps eliminated all the ants within 24 hours. I took that trap and put it on my front porch where I had seen another ant trail heading toward the house. I have two unused traps left in the box. I'm thinking I may use one of them in my sweet pepper patch in the garden. I've been 'chasing' an anthill around there all summer. Everytime I 'kill' the ants they just move the nest. It can be very hard to work in a garden trying to weed or cultivate when you have fire ants underfoot. They're hard to see and when they attack it is in great numbers and very quickly. Anyhow I will keep an eye out for deals on these bait traps in the future--they are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment