Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, August 4, 2008

It doesn't have to be pretty to be good

I picked up some sweet corn at Aldi today. MMMM--MMM-MM-MM-MMMM...
Its kind of funky looking with some 'gray' kernels. As a gardener I know what happened here. Somebody's corn was cross pollinated last year with the wrong other corn. Thus what I have is 8 ears of corn that are a cross between a blue corn and sweet yellow/white corn. My kids made faces at it thinking it was 'old'. I know the cashier at Aldi and she told me it was all fresh in this morning. Well-- I have to tell you--this is good corn. My kids/hubby will eat it now and be glad. I'm glad cuz it was less pricey and it is delicious!

1 comment:

  1. You corn descriptions are making me hungry at 11:30pm, and I want right now!!!

    ReplyDelete