Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Wee Tad of Serendipity.. or Blessing ~Smile~


Hubby and I had decided we should forego flying out to the other end of the country to meet our new daughter in law--who we already love-- having had the pleasure of talking via phone and email. We thought we needed to wait until January, and I have to admit that did put me in a little funk. :(

BUT-- out of nowhere-- Hubby's employer wants to fly him out to Microsoft-- on his birthday of all days-- for business reasons. It looks like I may be able to go along. :) This puts us within driving distance of our Son and new Daughter's home and also a long time friend of mine who says she will definitely meet me for a day.

Well--- I happened to do my boss a favor this week and he says let him know the dates and 'no problem'. :) I always keep a bit of a 'credit' balance with the boss-- you never know when that might come in handy. ;)

If all goes well today, fingers crossed, and folded, knees bent... head bowed...

I may be making a trip the end of this month and meeting my dear new daughter! I hope, I hope, I hope.

I'm posting a photo afterall... I wasn't going to, but its so nice,--so-- here is their little 'reception' they went to eat at a nice little Italian restaurant after their wedding in a cute little chapel.

Isn't she beautiful? And that dress was only $35! A frugal gal after my own heart. Oh and my son--he's a good looking guy too isn't he?

:) Proud Pokeberry Mom.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary...they are both so good looking! They look so happy...as they should be on their wedding day!!! How exciting you might go out soon to see them! I will be praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is Muck and Marl? I wanted to tell you about a blog I discovered that I think you might enjoy...I had been visiting her gardening blog, but she has this one too... I Walk In Green Pastures
    It is very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie--Yes I do think they look happy too. :)
    Muck & Marl I deleted. I was feeling awfully stressy last week and I got to thinking that maybe too much thinking gets my nerves going. Anyhow I use this blog most of the time and just decided to only keep one for now.

    ReplyDelete