Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

What I Like to Keep on Hand- In My Stash..

I like to be prepared for the normal seasonal troubles of life. So I stock up ahead on all the over the counter stuff you need to get through allergy/flu/cold seasons. I buy cough drops, cough syrup, cold meds, pain killers, tummy stuff, etc when its at its lowest price and just keep it for when I need it. This way I never have to run out to the drug store when someone is sick and pay 2 or 3 times as much for what is needed.

I also keep a stash of personal hygiene products and paper products. That way I never have to buy this stuff at retail price. I'm always getting a good deal.

For instance--the other day my daughter needed some shampoo--she's a bit picky about her hair. I took her in my room and let her choose from one of my 'fancy underbed storage containers' and she got something she was pleased with. If I hadn't had that on hand--and if I recall correctly both the shampoo & conditioner together cost me about $1, I'd have put her request on my shopping list and probably spent $5-$7 to get the 2 products she wanted. That little stash was useful! I saved about 5 times what I might have spent on those two items.

This kind of stockpiling or stashing is useful.
It makes sense and is a great semi-frugal idea. Trying to have on hand EVERY thing you will EVER need or your neighbors will ever need--now that is outside the bounds of my 'semi' mindset so you won't find hints on how to do it here. I'm an 'all things in moderation' person--maybe cuz I ended up moving 4 times the past 4 years and I know better than to have more on hand that I am going to use in a reasonable time period. Trust me, you don't want to be giving your pantry away on Freecycle when hubby gets transferred across country-- that is a painful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment