Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Backyard Nursery Start


I got busy outside this morning after my nice long walk. I've cleared and washed down an area of the carport/patio I wasn't using, and set up my planting bench and some clear containers for rooting plant cuttings. I also dragged out all the pots I've gathered so far this summer--freebies from neighbors mainly--and clustered them together so they'll be ready to get a good bath.

The container with the open lid shows my 'freebie' forsythia & some other shrub cuttings that I rooted earlier this summer. They are all ready to go into some little pots or beds. I'm going to go with pots--just in case we move before spring--though at the moment I'm not planning to do that. You never know. I love where we live but I am always looking for a deal on a house or mobile home that we could afford to actually own or only have a very small loan on. If such a thing comes up and we feel comfortable with the location--we're going to go for it. May not happen though. Its not the easiest thing to find.

What you see is the humble beginnings of Pokeberry Nursery!

I'm sweating like crazy and its time to have some lunch and rest a bit before I make dinner. I should've put the chili in the crockpot like I planned yesterday, but I decided to just do it stove top instead--so I'll have a rest until I get it going in a couple hours.

Its 81' here in beautiful Charlotte NC where we had a lovely rain last night and all the plants are happy. The gold finches have brought their broods here again, it appears I will need to be investing in more thistle seed sooner than I'd expected. Very Cool!

2 comments:

  1. Pokeberry Nursery??? Love it!
    It is great that you are continuing all your walking...awesome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I could easily walk here all year round. I am seriously considering joing the Y though when it gets to cool to work out in our pool. its pricey but I find I can move in the pool so much more easily to stretch all those muscles nicely. I have alot of little arthritis problems-- can feel it more just now as the weather is just a little 'differen't' cooler/damper I think.

    ReplyDelete