Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Dumping Bottled Water

I came to the conclusion that I'm not going to pay for bottled water anymore. In looking back over expenses I found that even though I always get the least pricey water I can I'm still spending at least $12 per week on bottled water. Which adds up to nearly $5o per month. This is for what was 5 people until one of our sons moved out recently. I'm just thinking--gee that's almost as high as our inflated post severe drought water bill.

I'm already paying for water. So why should I be paying over $100 a month for water each month??

No more.

I could argue with myself about the purity--which I'm thinking is dubious, and the convenience-- which is probably overruled by the sheer amount of garbage produced.

Enough. No more bottled water. And no more toss out/recycle plastic that used to contain water.

Even using all sorts of cost cutting strategies--I can see prices going up. My 'lowest' price for my favorite deoderant when purchased with coupons during the 'best' sale used to be 49 cents==now its 69cents. Still much less than the real retail price--but it makes you think. Paper towel may be the next thing to disappear here. I just got a box full of my mom in laws 'old towels' which are so much nicer than mine that I am in the process of cutting mine into rags. Why not cut some into 'napkins'? Do we need to spend over a dollar a roll on paper towel?? hmmm...

no.

Its a little discouraging to think that I do not own a home at this time in my life, I'm back to renting still. That although my hubby is well paid--its still much less than he used to make. That our smaller paychecks--while they are still respectable in our area of the country -- are enough to just about bump us into a higher bracket for taxes and yet-- no matter how I cut corners things get pricier.

It is a little discouraging--but then again--its also very challenging and I like a challenge and will rise to it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment