Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall Ruckous in Pokeberry

I'm off for my little walk this morning. I've been reflecting on how different things are as I walk about now than they were in spring. Always there is a presence of birds in our neighborhood--but not always the same kind of presence. Right now the quiet is often interrupted by blue jays and mockingbirds turf wars. I just was jolted out of a peaceful sip of coffee by exactly that sort of ruckous. The jays give voice to their displeasure quite loudly when they find a mockingbird has had one of their berries!

Well this will be an enjoyable walk as usual here in Pokeberry. Very cool this morning at 64' currently here in Charlotte. I'm taking along my umbrella as I did last night. We've had lots of little showers lately and the blue sky is hiding up there someplace.

In the distance I can hear the crying of jays. A little Carolina Wren was here a bit ago and that black kitten is still prowling about--so tempting to give him a little something--but I know I can't do that.

I wonder if this cool weather keeps up will the hummingbirds start to leave early? hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment