Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Junk Day Cometh...

I'm thinking ahead this week to look forward to trash day. Not that I'm a big trash picker but there are some things I need that I see at the curb often. A few weeks ago a neighbor tossed out a large box filled with pots. Since I am wanting to start a little backyard plant nursery I stuck them in my jeep. Early this summer I picked up a long wood kitchen cabinet that is now in my kitchen and holds all sorts of things I couldn't fit in my cupboards. I put it on the floor since we rent this house I didn't want to mount it--so now it also provides alot of extra counter space.

Well here's what I'm thinking I need--something that will hold plants and fit beneath my bedroom windows. So I'm watching for tables, cub boards and dressers at the curbs. I need pots and I need old windows or plastic containers to make cold frame type things out of. I have private areas in the backyard where I can overwinter lots of potted baby plants for sale in the spring. I'm hoping to have a big rummage/plant sale in early May. That's my first goal.

I want to propagate as many plants as I can from now until then. I know some will be very small still--but I will price them small. :)

Many plants can overwinters here without protection--but not all. I want to be able to put some favorite plants into something that will keep them from getting a little too cold. Some really tender ones I will simply bring in the house and put in my bedroom where there is sunshine in the winter.

Anyhow there are almost 1500 houses in my neighborhood and junk goes to the curb on Wednesday nights for pick up on Thursday. Often in this older established neighborhood there are houses being updated or re-habbed. I'm pretty sure if I am diligent and ready for junk day I can drive my jeep about for an hour or so and find some useful things for my plant nursery. I'll let ya'all know. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment