Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More Ideas for Using Homemade Salsa

I haven't posted about salsa in a while. I still make some most weeks and we use it by the end of the week. This year it was fantastic! I've learned to add just a touch of cumin to give it a smokey kick. Got that idea from a restaurant I visited last year.

Anyhow-- salsa is great in rice dishes and wraps and with taco or fajitas etc.. but I now use it as part of a salad I like too.

When we were at the airport in Chicago stopping off after our WA state trip, we needed some food 'fast' I stopped at one of those little self serve things and picked up a Southwestern Salad. This was a lettuce salad with a tad of salsa, corn, black beans, smokey pieces of bacon, croutons, little chicken chunks, and ranch dressing. We had to board quickly so I ate mine on the plane where the other passengers nearby looked pretty jealous.

Really good meal!! So--salsa has another place to go now. :) Onto a bed of lettuce. mmmmmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment