Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Carolina Wren Family in Pokeberry!

For several days a little family of Carolina Wrens has been hanging out on my carport~patio. They mainly poke about in the flower pots looking for bugs I suppose. I hope they like ants!

Sometimes they flutter up toward my window here and I can see them. I also get to hear lots of wren chatter and sometimes some of the lovely singing that the male does.

In our last place I had a single male wren hanging around all winter. They seem to be still with their spouse and babies in fall but by winter the male is alone and by spring he is out looking for his wife. At least that's my take on it from what've I've observed.

Last year I called my wren 'C. Wren' and wrote all about his antics in my garden in the 'old Pokeberry'. I used to make him a suet dish and leave it by the patio door so I could see him poke around looking for it.

They are truly my very favorite birds here in Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment