Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Contentment While Seeking Further

I value the idea of contentment very highly--but-- I also see that I have a responsibility to improve my circumstances--as much as it is in my power to do so. Why? Well because for one thing I think that to leave things in the air--have no security as I get older is not fair to my kids. I think about that because I know and love several folks who have done that and I know what a challenge this is presenting to their families--and will do so more and more in the future.

The way I see contentment is that if you truly do have what you need in life--you can be content with it and add or subtract as you see fit. If you don't-- you can be content if you are helpless to improve it--because you've done what you could. If you don't have your basic needs secured and you are not helpless--it would be remiss to sit and allow time to go by leaving your odds and ends to the wind and your burden to the next folks to come along, even worse if you are spending left and right and consuming your own future and your children's as well.

There is of course another contentment a spiritual sense of it. I think I get that from my faith that where I fail the Lord has already taken up for me. This I do not think is an excuse to abandon all my cares and just 'fail away' but rather to walk with what little wisdom I have and try to be a good steward of my life--and not to obsess over my failings and sins because ultimately He is my righteousness and perfection is simply not attainable by a mere mortal such as I.

This is the root of the peace that passes understanding and I think enables a deep level of contentment that may or may not 'show on the surface' of my life--but I know its in there. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment