Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Creating a New Soup

Well, I have leftover grilled chicken from last night, and 1/2 a jar of spaghetti sauce again from making pizza. Time to create another leftover soup. Today I'm thinking maybe a chicken tortilla soup--with black beans and tomatoes and the corn left from last night. There's still some cilantro in green bags and some peppers too. Its grocery day, I do have to work today but not until dinner time. When I get my soup made I'll write down how I did it and if it turns out delicious I'll post it.

I like to make soup on grocery day cuz its a good way to clean out the fridge in one fell swoop and use up odd bits of this and that.

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time on your blog. I found you over at Hillbilly Housewife. I, too, like to make leftover soup. It's different everytime and usually turns out pretty good. It's also a great way to use what you have and not throw food away, which I hate to do. Your leftover chicken tortilla soup sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Darcylee!
    Welcome to Pokeberry. I have yet to make a bad pot of soup I think. If you start with some good flavor-- I usually use a chicken soup base--but there's stock, or broth of all sorts you can use-- then just go from there almost any veggie or meat can make a good soup. Great way to use up the leftovers each week. :)

    ReplyDelete