Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Dejunking!

I just sent my son Dave out to Goodwill with a trunk load of excess stuff!! Oh joyyyyyyyy!! I just love to get rid of things. Not only does it just feel good to have my home more tidy and less congested, I also love to donate it to Goodwill or places like the Arc back in Fargo.

These are places that employ folks who need a little extra boost getting work they can do. I always have appreciated that, but even more since Hubby's brother had his accident. Now that our family knows first hand how important it is for someone with a serious disability to be able to feel they are contributing and enjoy having a job--I appreciate the thrift stores I've done business with over the years even more.

I have friends who do rummage sales alot and that has never really been 'my thing' I did it once and it just was hard for me to sit still a whole day while folks dug about in my junk. I'm much better at selling online or just giving things away. I like that I have that option--and that I can feel good about giving while I also keep my home in order.

Giving is not wasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment