Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hot Sauce Canned While I Shopped

Well Hubby got out one of my stock pots and boiling water bathed 7 1/2 pints of hot sauce. I had cautioned that I didn't know exactly what amount of vinegar he needed to make it acidic enough. He believes he has put enough--I think he's right--but this doesn't make me too pleased. One thing I know though-this won't put anyone but him in danger if it turns out not to be acidic enough cuz nobody else I know would go anyplace near that stuff-- whew! HOT.

Seriously, he did pattern it after several recipes we found and I think it is safe. I also think I'm going to have to get hold of a pressure canner in order to insure that he doesn't do anything like this again when I'm not looking. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment