Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Hope Harris Teeter Pays Better than Food Lion..

I visited the 'different' Food Lion I mentiond a while back, thinking perhaps I'd get that better service I was dreaming of. I found prices weren't quite what they were advertised and when I brought an item for a price check I got some pretty indifferent and subtly-- 'you are a pain' --attitude from the cashier. Later when I came back to check out she did go through the motions of telling me to have a nice day and thank you--while staring off into some other place in the store--rather than looking at me, her customer.

Cool.

I love to spend money where folks could not care less about their customers.

Harris Teeter down the road, as usual supplied excellant service. Solicitous, helpful and cheerful employees greeted me, offered to carry out my bags, and etc.

Doggone it! I just hope they get paid more than Food Lion-- almost without exception, HT staff is just plain better at customer service than FL Staff.

What a shame for FL.

3 comments:

  1. They built a huge new Dillons (Kroger) here which is supposed to compete with super target. I go there for the selection and the big kosher section, but the customer service is tops - very friendly, and not a teenage sneer in sight.

    BTW, there was a long story on NPR this afternoon about the election situation in Charlotte. Very interesting! Looks like Obama might take the state. Maybe you could move to SC now to help things in NC a little....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Funny Moti--I've raised 4 conservative voters btw--we're voting all over America--4 of us in NC. ;) and that next generation is coming up. I'll need to get little Ruby an elephant shaped rattle.

    BTW-Harris Teeter also has a huge kosher selection--I buy some of those things--like the matzo ball mix for my soup. I love to try new foods.

    They have alot of those local grown foods you like too.

    I don't think they go further than the south though as they are based near here in Matthews NC. I have learned you can judge a neighborhood by HT--if they have one--its a good area to live. Otherwise--yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh even if we did end up in SC -- decided to get that mobile afteralll. It would be many months before we could move in there. So guess I'll be voting here--and early. ;)

    ReplyDelete