Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Junior Has Broken Me Down..

OK, Hubby won't like this, but I have put some food out for Junior. I keep seeing him climb up into the dogwood to hunt birds and I just feel like--well-- maybe if I can get him to trust me, feed him a little--I can catch him and then proceed from there. I suppose if he were to be fixed and given some shots he could be a pet. Maybe someone else's pet--maybe mine if he stays outside. I don't think he'd be a good in the house kitty at this point anyhow since he was born outside and has been there all his life. But perhaps I can at least keep this one darn cute little kitty from getting some of the diseases kittys are prone to and from making more kittys in the future.

Oh, there he is. I guess he likes chopped turkey--go figure.

Shhh... don't tell on me.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing the right thing! My vet told me that my friend who is basically doing this also, is doing the right thing. Try to catch and get fixed and shots and flea medicine if possible. The poor living creatures don't need to starve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie, I picked up a book on kittens at work last night. There is a chapter in there on outside cats and it says that it is very difficult for a feral cat to be made to live in a house--not impossible but very unlikely to work. It says that the most natural and happy life for them is outside--even though it may be a shorter life. I think--if I can tame Junior enough to catch him I'll take him to a vet and see if Hubby will let me keep him as an outside pet. He can move with us. the place we are going is on a very quiet, no traffic street with lots of trees--he should enjoy the new Pokeberry I think--and keep down rodents too. :) As I hope if we live there to have a big garden that will be great.

    ReplyDelete