Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Negotiating the Dream...

Well, I did contact the owner of the mobile on an acre that we're interested in. He is willing to take our price, which is about $14,000 less than he had asked. He wants a rather high amount for an earnest money --and non-refundable. Well that sort of raised a flag. I replied that I am glad we agree on price, the earnest is ok-but we will require it refunded if the well, septic, electric, furnace and AC don't pass an inspection and that we will have an attorney draw up our offer for us and meet after that -if that is agreeable.

He also wanted to meet tomorrow evening. I have postponed that until Friday because Hubby will be out of town a few days and I will need to find and meet with an attorney and Hubby will need to get a fund transfer for the earnest $.

I like the fact that I do know that it is not necessary to 'agree' with all things that a seller wants in order to make a deal. Period. Its always best to slow things down and leave yourself an out--just in case.

I can't think of much worse than to buy a place and find out I need a new well or septic!

yikes!

Well we've made big giant step toward the dream--but no telling if it will pan out yet. We will see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment