Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Tomatoes and Peppers.. Like the Ever-ready Bunny

I just went peeking around in the garden and found enough tomatoes and peppers for another batch of salsa. I'm using up the last of the cilantro that I had in greenbags for quite a while now. It did indeed last longer that way--I'm pleased with that. I noticed that there are now about 50 baby bell peppers growing and that some of my tomatoe vines still have a great deal of green tomatoes that I believe will ripen. Many of the ripe tomatoes were neglected and have gone to the little bugs--but that's my fault. I noticed I have lots of fresh herbs to pick for winter --that's great! I never did do a fall planting--something kept holding me back on that. Its ok. We got much more out of the garden than we put in this year and perhaps I won't be here long enough to be harvesting a fall crop--don't know. We'll see. I guess I need to agree with Hubby--we should aim toward increasing the veggie garden rather than my idea of decreasing it. The fact that he has put himself forward to help me with the canning/freezing/drying or whatever needs doing--even watering--that's a whole new thing and I think I'll take him up on it next year--wherever we are.

If we buy that piece of land we've been discussing-- there were quite a few good old 'southern tire planters' scattered about. Hubby and I had a mini-argument over those. He says they look junky. I say--oh my gosh look at all those wonderful pots!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment