Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, October 20, 2008

When Meatballs are $1.99 per Pound- Why Cook Your Own??

Last week I purchased a large bag of frozen italian meatballs at Sam's club. Tonite as I was preparing spaghetti with some of them I thought, do I really want to make my own convenience foods? I mean these were so cheap.

Well, I answered my own question at dinner. I ate one small meatball, sadly my husband had four before I told him not to eat them. He thought he should be 'polite' and eat them since I had cooked them. They were so sour I just couldn't believe it. Yuk! Now Hubby's on the couch feeling sort of sick.

I'm taking them back to Sams in the morning. I just hate this sort of thing. Always I think it is a customer service issue. Somebody at some point in the process did something wrong with these things. Either they were allowed to thaw and then refrozen or they used some inferior ingredient. Gross.

I guess I should have known. If I can't buy ground beef for $1.99 a pound how is it I can buy this value added convenience food made from ground beef for %1.99? It doesn't make sense.

In this case I think I got what I paid for. Next time I will pass on the store bought frozen meat. I have too much bad luck with it. Perhaps I will make my own and can them. We'll see.

Hopefully I won't be ill from that one nasty little meatball.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh...I almost bought a bag at Walmart yesterday! The bad thing is, I don't trust Walmart...I have seen carts of frozen and refrigerated foods that someone left at the checkout...literally sit there for the hour I was shopping, and even as I left the atore they were still sitting there calling for a restock to be done!!! It is a scary thing for consumers!!! On the other hand, at my GOOD store, I have no fears things like that will happen...they are Johnny On The Spot! I just buy frozen and cold stuff there (NOT WALMART).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was at Sams--but I don't usually buy frozen things at our local walmart either--or dair--or meat. :( I have the same feeling about Food Lion and pretty much all the Mexican grocery stores in my neighborhood as well. What's really frustrating is I just get the feeling there is a massive amount of workers who simply do not care about their jobs.

    ReplyDelete