Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Crockpot to the Rescue!

I decided to let my crock pot work today so I could rest. I pulled some of the wrong meat out of the freezer but I think it will still turn out fine. I put a small beef roast and some stew meat pieces together in the crockpot along with a little jar of gardinera and a little jar of pepperoncini pepper and a couple of tablespoons of my homemade italian dressing mix. (its a copycat type recipe for Good seasons Italian dressing mix) The crockpot went on low for 10 hours. Its no longer my problem. :) Hubby and the kids can figure out what to have with that. Probably some bread to make it sandwhiches. Its enough beef to feed them today and tomorrow! I'm hoping after that I'll feel better. I'm a little worried though cuz I have almost a double work schedule this week since I'm going up to Wisconsin the week after.

Well you can only do what you can do, so we'll see.

I learned years ago when the kids were all little a mom needs to have some good down time recipes. Things that are hearty and things that are comforting-- but all easy to make. There's nothing so easy as crockpot cooking! Not everythig is great in the crockpot, but there are some things it is perfect for--italian beef is one of them.

2 comments:

  1. I am throwing some stuff in my crockpot tomorrow too, Mary! I love to use it especially on Mondays...I really don't like Mondays at all...and love to walk in on a great smelling house and something to eat instantly! We are throwing chicken, vegies, spices, etc. in the pot all day and cooking some lentils after we get home and adding them to the pot also...for a soup. Oh...and some Udon noodles. It will be very interesting, however it turns out! LOL.
    Feel better and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete