Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Dream... Thinking of the "If we get its.."

Well, I'm premature with this, but I did allow myself a bit of wishful thinking last night as I was lying down to sleep. I thought the "if we get that house" thoughts. Mine were mainly of designing my own kitchen--using mainly home built things, of gardens, of looking out those big windows in the living room and dining room! Oh wow! I didn't exactly figure out which direction they face.. will I see sunrises or sunsets? Will I watch the flying squirrels in the evening through those windows? I could pick wild blackberrys they are plentiful on the property. I could start hauling all my tropicals and tender perenials to the property and they could overwinter inside the unheated house with those giant windows--just like a big green house! How much garden can I get going by spring--while working on the house too? Thoughts of the wildlife in the area. The lot is surrounded by several large unsold lots, all wooded-- acres! There may be deer as well as a variety of birds I haven't seen in Charlotte! Very exciting to think of.

The "What ifs" can be happy little daydreams, of course you can't let yourself really believe them until you know everything, but sometimes its just pleasant to savor the moment.


I expect the realtor will call back this morning and give us the details of the counter offer and we can take things from there. I'm glad there's a counter because we can counter back and make sure those details that got lost in the shuffle get re-inserted. We think we can stretch enough to meet a reasonable counter offer, but who knows.. we'll have to wait and see. In our minds the biggest obstacle is making sure the house has been inspected and passed.

Still waiting this morning here in Pokeberry, listening to the bird chirping outside as the sky lightens up. Most of the leaves are finally on the ground from the trees--or in the gutters. Soon we can clean up all that mess for the last time this season--or maybe our last time period in this house.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment